With studios in Los Angeles, Munich and Shanghai, Designworks provides full-service design solutions for premium brands worldwide. Our history spans nearly forty years, and continues to earn numerous awards and industry accolades along the way.
Designworks thrives in a climate of true cross-fertilization, advancing its observations, research and experiences from multiple industries to create new solutions that innovate rather than merely reinforcing the status quo. We serve as the internal-think tank for our parent company, BMW Group, and consult for a roster of external clients that includes many of the World’s most renowned and respected brands. Founded in 1972 in a small studio in Malibu, California, and acquired by BMW Group in 1995, today Designworks pairs the pragmatism and resources of a global company while retaining the nimble, independent spirit and perspective that’s true to our roots.
Designworks depends upon the creativity and design excellence of our team members to drive the future
We are seeking a Visual Interaction Designer to work on a wide range of screen-based interface and interaction-design projects for categories including vehicles, multi-touch devices, consumer devices, and the web. The designer should have a broad-range visual portfolio including UI projects; enjoy working on a diversity of projects; be self-motivated; and most importantly, love great design like we do. This is a hands-on role.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establishing metaphors; creating visual design concepts; designing screen mock-ups and interactive simulations; and involvement in detailed design execution.
- Creating visual UI designs, ranging from initial “look & feel” gestures to production-ready screen layouts, color palettes, typography, and icons
- Translating functional features, users needs, and brand requirements into unique visual & interactive experiences that communicate, engage, and evoke
- In addition, working on use cases; generating wireframes; interaction flows; and information architecture diagrams, are valued skills that may be required.
Candidates must have a minimum of three to five years recent experience in the field of interface and interaction design and have work experience with user research data and testing processes.
Strong graphic design, typography skills, project management, excellent communication skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
Candidate should have a minimum of a BFA in graphic or media design and must be fluent in design and prototype software including:
• After Effects
• CINEMA 4D
Foreign language skills are not required, though fluency particularly in German is an asset.
If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, send us a link to your portfolio. Images should demonstrate:
- your technical proficiency
- examples of your design strategy work
- a strong personal point of view and design thinking
- deep understanding and appreciation of aesthetics, articulated clearly and concisely
- the ability to tell a compelling visual story
- the ability to prototype in 3 dimensions
Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Positions are based at our Southern California design studio located one hour north of Los Angeles in Newbury Park. Opportunities are temporary in nature, project based, and may be through third party engagements.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in US in order to apply.
Please put your name and the title of position you are applying to in the subject line.
Designworks is a diversity driven employer.
Please click on the link below to apply.