|The Creative Director, Industrial Design is responsible for directing design programs for a wide variety of projects in all Designworks relevant industry sectors as well as for the BMW Group.
- Manage and direct teams in design programs, foster the client relationship and conduct project management
- Acts as interface to the client and fosters the relationship, ensuring high level communication throughout the program
- Advance design quality management and develop benchmarks to promote design leadership.Strive for constant improvement of output quality.
- Ensure project pofitability and aim to meet and exceed client satisfaction
- Facilitate quality gate milestones and project reviews
- Define success criteria for the development and conceptualization of innovative ideas, concepts and design solutions
- Apply and develop design principles to nurture cross-disciplinary collaboration and maximize cross-fertilization between projects
- Establish project criteria and drive design deliverables in order to achieve a convergence between creative results and creative direction
- Work closely with counterparts in Munich, Los Angeles and Shanghai on global design programs
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design or Design related field
- Minimum of 10 years of related professional experience in an industrial design division of a corporation or in a design agency, with 3-5 years ina Design Leadership role
- Broad bandwidth of projects and industry experience as well as solid understanding of business context (business structures, market and technology implications)
- Experience designing in two or more of the following fields:
- Consumer Electronics
- A deep understanding and appreciation of aesthetics robust methodology set and process experience
- Ability to integrate well into a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary team (CMF, UI, Consulting, Graphic Design)
- Business English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, please click on the link below to apply. Please include your resume and portfolio for review.
Portfolio should demonstrate:
- Ability to set design benchmarks
- A good understanding of manufacturing processes
- Visionary concept thinking
- Highly refined aesthetic sensitivity