|We are seeking a Senior Project Manager for our Munich studio that will be responsible for the internal project management of large-scale, complex and global projects at Designworks.
He/she must be the internal voice of reason that ensures profitable and healthy projects for DW, and is the balance between DW’s business and creative goals. Strong technical capability and aptitude are the key criteria for success in this role.
- Collaborate closely with creative directors and project managers to direct projects to holistic success in meeting creative, financial, and technical requirements
- Lead special projects involving high complexity or technical requirements and/or multi-disciplined deliverables.
- Ability to work independently across the entire project landscape; from multi-project planning, individual project control, oversight of multiple projects, reporting, escalating financial/content issues and communicating independently directly with Senior Management.
- Define holistic criteria for the development and implementation of complex projects, describing the logistics necessary for their execution and success.
- Assign, monitor and deliver technical tasks to internal and external experts.
- Flag and escalate in a timely and effective manner potential issues and budget implications on projects across the company project landscape.
- Provide creative problem solving and analysis to assigned projects.
- Monitor, communicate, execute project plans and budget for assigned projects. Identify risks and propose options to project profitability with rapid escalation of topics where project targets are at risk as appropriate.
- Present internally and to clients, discuss need for modification and change.
- Provides input on external vendor costs (Modeling, Prototyping, Engineering etc.) to SP and CC in overall project estimates in response to RFPs.
- Support Strategic Partnering, Design, Director of Operations and the Studio Director with planning; scope, resources, budget, timing and deliverables.
- Sourcing and Management of vendor relationships
Click on the link below to apply for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Design.
- 7 - 10 years experience in a Project Management role.
- 3 – 5 years experience in engineering and/or corporate design in a multicultural environment.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and prior work experience in monitoring project costing.
- Strong computer skills in the software packages: MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, MS Office Tools.
- Good in spoken and written English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must integrate well into a multicultural team environment.
- Independent, self-motivated worker with initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High attention to detail and the ability to deliver work at the highest quality.
- If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, please formulate your motivation and fit to Designworks. Please include your CV and a cover letter.