With studios in Los Angeles, Munich and Shanghai, Designworks provides full-service design solutions for premium brands worldwide. Our history spans nearly forty years, and continues to earn numerous awards and industry accolades along the way.
Designworks thrives in a climate of true cross-fertilization, advancing its observations, research and experiences from multiple industries to create new solutions that innovate rather than merely reinforcing the status quo. We serve as the internal-think tank for our parent company, BMW Group, and consult for a roster of external clients that includes many of the World’s most renowned and respected brands. Founded in 1972 in a small studio in Malibu, California, and acquired by BMW Group in 1995, today Designworks pairs the pragmatism and resources of a global company while retaining the nimble, independent spirit and perspective that’s true to our roots.
Designworks depends upon the creativity and design excellence of our team members to drive the future.
• Creative contributor in one or more functions of UI Design
• Provides a wide range of deliverables to a project or client.
• Works with assigned project team to create and deliver powerful presentations.
• Employs a range of creative design, craft, skills and processes to design and shape UI designs for a variety of
• The work involves design input, materials research, modeling, testing and producing prototypes of brand new
products, or making improvements to existing products.
• Bachelor’s Degree in User Interface Design or equivalent.
• 3 – 5 years of prior work experience in User Interface Design or equivalent.
• Knowledgeable in most conventional aspects of field.
• Applies technical training and has some knowledge of other related disciplines/ processes.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of materials, metrics, design principles, global alignment of methods and techniques, production processes, consulting, market research and commercial awareness.
• Firm understanding of the design process and an excellent feel for form.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Conceptual thinking.
• Independent worker with the ability to work with minimal supervision by lead design staff.
• 3D proficiency with surface and solid modeling software in:
• Alias, Maya, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, RTT Showcase, Bunkspeed, Hypershot, Maxwell, Image Studio
If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, send us a link to your portfolio. Images should demonstrate:
• your technical proficiency
• examples of your design strategy work
• a strong personal point of view and design thinking
• deep understanding and appreciation of aesthetics, articulated clearly and concisely
• the ability to tell a compelling visual story
• the ability to prototype in 3 dimensions
Please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
Positions are based at our Southern California design studio located one hour north of Los Angeles in Newbury Park.
Opportunities are temporary in nature, project based, and may be through third party engagements.
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in US in order to apply.
Please send your resume and portfolio (or a link to your on-line portfolio) to the following address: email@example.com. Please put your name and the title of position you are applying to in the subject line.
No relocation is available for this position.
Designworks is a diversity driven employer.
Please click on the link below to apply
Would you like to apply to this job?