With studios in Los Angeles, Munich and Shanghai, Designworks provides full-service design solutions for premium brands worldwide. Our history spans nearly forty years, and continues to earn numerous awards and industry accolades along the way.
Designworks is a global design consultancy, specializing in design strategy and research, design development and creative consulting. Driving creativity for nearly forty years, Designworks has been part of the BMW Group since 1995, serving equally its parent company and many of the world’s leading brands outside the automotive industry to mutual benefit.
We are seeking a team member in contractor position for our Munich Studio.
• Creative contributor in one or more functions of UI Design.
• Provides a wide range of deliverables to a project or client.
• Works with assigned project team to create and deliver powerful presentations.
• Directs, mentors and supervises less experienced UI designers with the proper balance of skills, consistency,
quality and encouragement.
• Employs a range of creative graphic design, craft, skills and processes to design and shape products for a
variety of applications.
• The work involves designing, testing and producing prototypes of brand new user interface designs, or making
improvements to existing designs.
We are looking forward to receiving your resume, portfolio and short application letter on how your expertise resonates with potentials in the creative industry and our unique company set-up.
• Bachelor’s Degree in User Interface Design or equivalent.
• 3 – 6 years of prior work experience in UI Design or equivalent
• Candidate should have a minimum of a BFA in graphic or media design and must be fluent in design and prototype software including:
• Applies technical training and has some knowledge of other related disciplines/ processes.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of materials, metrics, design principles, global alignment of methods and techniques, production processes, consulting, market research and commercial awareness.
• Firm understanding of the design process and an excellent feel for form.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent presentation.
• Conceptual thinking.
• Independent worker with the ability to work with minimal supervision by lead design staff.
• D proficiency with surface and solid modeling software in:
• Alias, Maya, Rhino, Adobe Creative Suite, RTT Showcase, Bunkspeed, Hypershot, Maxwell, Image Studio