|The Designworks studio in Los Angeles has an immediate need for a Creative Consultant, Design Strategy.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and a portfolio with work samples or a link to your website. Click on the link below to apply.
- The Creative Consultant, Design Strategy integrates systems thinking and a design mindset to develop frameworks for creating and validating product lines and services.
- This role will facilitate interdisciplinary thinking and be comfortable with ambiguity that can accompany early phases of an innovation project.
- Working with a team of designers, creative directors and the client, the Design Strategist translates multiple point of views (customer, market, client, etc), ultimately turning observations and insights into actionable business opportunities.
- Create, plan and perform qualitative, generative and evaluative primary and secondary research activities,
- Assist in workshops, helping to lead participants through activities, ideation sessions and exercises.
- BA or BS degree in Industrial Design, Business Design, Design Strategy or related filed, PLUS: a minimum of two to three years within the field of Design Strategy, OR a Graduate Degree with a minimum of one year within the field.
- Facility with digital design tools (Adobe CS, MS Office Suite)
If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, please apply online with a cover letter, resume and your portfolio. Portfolio images should demonstrate:
- Deep understanding of insight-based strategic thinking
- Experience with a variety of research / foresight methodologies
- Deep understanding and appreciation of systems thinking and the user-centered design process, articulated clearly and concisely
- The ability to tell a compelling visual story
Candidates who are not US citizens or permanent residents need to have authorization to work in US in order to apply.
Designworks is a diversity driven employer.